Networker

Re: [Networker] Problems using VB script as pre/post command

2010-11-23 08:59:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems using VB script as pre/post command
From: "Terveen, Frank" <Frank.Terveen AT AFM DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:58:37 +0100
What about runas ?
Could that bypass the user problems ?

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Leone [mailto:Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 02:55 PM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>

Tim Parkinson <t.r.parkinson AT sheffield.ac DOT uk> wrote on 11/23/2010
03:30:36
AM:

> From: Tim Parkinson <t.r.parkinson AT sheffield.ac DOT uk>
> To: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
> Date: 11/23/2010 03:30 AM
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Problems using VB script as pre/post command
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> Whilst I don't know anything about this product, I can see from that
> error that it's trying to login with the computer account rather than a
> user account:
>
> Login failed for user 'PHA.PHILA.GOV\ADMNMAN015$
>
> You could try changing the user that the services (I guess that would be

> the networker services) run as.

Please include the mailing list when replying, thanks.

The Networker services run as the LocalSystem account, which is what they
default install as. The ADMNMAN015$ is the computer account in Active
Directory for the SourceOne server (i.e., the Networker client, in this
case). I'd rather not change the Networker service account, unless I had
to. Be just another service account to keep track of, and may not the
solution, anyway. I have a feeling that I need to add something to the SQL
server this client uses - change the security to allow this. I just don't
know what to add, as I don't know what changes Networker makes to the
environment, when running the scripts. There is no user specified in the
"Remote Access" section of the Networker client definition. Networker
isn't using the credentials of the logged in user (which is in the
security of the SQL server).

I will see what I can find out in the SourceOne KB (I presume there is
one).

Disclaimer:
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer
http://www.afm.nl/disclaimer_english/
Indien u de link niet kunt openen, neemt u dan contact op met
telefoonnummer +31 (0)20 7972000. Meer informatie vindt u op de
website http://www.afm.nl.
If you are unable to access the link, please dial +31 (0)20
7972000
Additional information is available on the website
http://www.afm.nl.