Networker

[Networker] Upgraded to NW v7.6.1, inquire & sjisn cmds don't work

2010-11-22 13:01:01
Subject: [Networker] Upgraded to NW v7.6.1, inquire & sjisn cmds don't work
From: jcmps821 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:59:43 -0500
Successfully upgraded our AIX v5.3 TL#12 NetWorker v7.4.4 server to NW v7.6.1
using Overland Storage NEO8000 TLU w/ FC HP LTO2 drives (10).  Had to
reconfigure jukebox after upgrade due to errors in /nsr/logs/daemon.log:

11/17/10 15:28:42  nsrlcpd#1 Creating Jukebox `NEO8000'
11/17/10 15:28:45  nsrlcpd#1 Configuring Jukebox `NEO8000'
11/17/10 15:28:45  nsrmmgd lcpd 1 at host legato reported error
'Jukebox:NEO8000 failed opening [email protected] error:smci_open: Could not open
jukebox (4) ' for the command `3'.
11/17/10 15:28:45  nsrmmgd Configuration of jukebox `NEO8000' failed with the
following error: 'Jukebox:NEO8000 failed opening [email protected] error:smci_open:
Could not open jukebox (4)'.
31883 11/17/10 15:28:45  nsrmmgd Jukebox 'NEO8000' is unavailable. The config
command failed on nsrlcpd 1 for host `legato'.
Retrying..

We deleted the TLU/drives in NMC and then reconfigured jukebox using jbconfig
specifying optino #2 Autodetecting SCSI jukebox ... that appeared to end
successfully since we have full control over TLU functions.

The SCSI address for control port did change from [email protected] to [email protected]
but now the inquire command does NOT show the NEO8000 jukebox in command output
when prior to the upgrade it worked successfully everytime.  It now only works
successfully and consistently when the NW server app is terminated ...
obviously with no locks on the device.  Also the sjisn & sjirdtag commands are
not endeding successfully:

root@legato: / >
# sjisn [email protected]
[email protected]: Error 0
1667:sjisn: usage: sjisn jukebox

======

I've seen a lot of "history" behind teh inquire command (problems) similar to
this but no real resolution ... is anyone else having similar problems ?  Any
suggestions because NetWorker support has not gotten an answer as of yet ...