Networker

Re: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a subdirectory?

2010-04-05 17:21:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a subdirectory?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:20:00 +0000
On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 06:33:18AM +1100, Preston de Guise wrote:

> Oh, to answer George's earlier question - no, you can't use skip, then
>subsequently forget. I had thought you could, but when this topic just
>re-emerged, ran some tests and found that the 'forget' wouldn't be
>processed. Even if this is a bug, it means that the directive
>processing is a tad unreliable here.

I don't know that this will help many folks, but if you're familiar with
UNIX find, just think of skip as equivalent to -prune.  (At least for
what happens during the backup and how other directives can be
processed.  The index issues Preston points to are somewhat separate).

You can't override anything underneath -prune, because nothing under
there is ever visited to turn on an override.

--
Darren