Networker

Re: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a subdirectory?

2010-04-01 15:27:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a subdirectory?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:26:23 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a...:

Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: [Networker] How to skip a directory excluding a...:

I backup a windows client with saveset "all" and now I need a directive
for this case: Skip a whole filesystem (g:\) but one subdirectory
(g:\backup).
NetWorker Server is 7.2

Why not just create a second NSR client resource and let that backup
g:\backup as its sole save set? It won't matter that the entire file
system is being skipped by the other NSR client resource that's backing
up 'All', right?

It shouldn't, but you won't be able to schedule both client instances in
the same group, which is something I think is a serious misfeature
of NetWorker.  The advantage of two clients is that you could easily use
different browse and retention policies and different backup schedules for
the \backup volume vs. the rest of the system.

I personally feel that using just one client for this kind of config
is less complicated, though getting the directive right for that one
client config might be a bit tricky.

Tim
edu