Networker

Re: [Networker] License question?

2009-10-28 10:10:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] License question?
From: "Greggs, Dana" <c-dgreggs AT STATE.PA DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:02:12 -0400
They only way to free up a license is to delete the client resource that is
using that license. To verify run nsrlic -v pre and post deletion. This is a
documented fact by EMC/Networker support. You can grant other hosts permissions
for recovery right before you attempt to do the recovery. Just recreate the
client. Recreating or for that matter creating a client does take up a license
until you successfully back the client up. So if you recreate it but don't
attempt to back it up it won't use a license.

Thanks,

Dana