Networker

Re: [Networker] License question?

2009-10-25 18:26:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] License question?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:21:51 -0400
HORWITZ, STANLEY R. wrote:
On Oct 25, 2009, at 5:57 PM, George Sinclair wrote:

If you keep an NSR client resource listed, even though the client no
longer exists, does this still use up a license?

The situation is that when we get rid of a machine, I like to still keep
one NSR client resource listed for that host so that I can give
permission (Remote access field) to some other machine to recover the
former host's data if need be. I keep it around for a while. If I don't
do this, it's a little tricky to add it when it's no longer on the
network other than playing games with /etc/hosts, etc.

The license will continue to count against your total until all of its data has expired.

So I guess we're talking about the retention period? The expiration date that will be used is what ever the longest retention time is for any of the NSR client resources for that client - whether those are still listed or not - and until all the data is older than that date, the NSR client resource will still use up a license. I got that right?

George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210
- The preceding message is personal and does not reflect any official or unofficial position of the United States Department of Commerce -