Networker

Re: [Networker] setting a barcode on a volume

2009-08-11 15:49:43
Subject: Re: [Networker] setting a barcode on a volume
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 19:40:28 +0000
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 01:25:43PM -0400, Francis Swasey wrote:
> I have a tape that five years ago was in a jukebox with a barcode reader.
> We've since replaced that jukebox and no longer have the ability to read
> the barcode.  I recently had to run "scanner -m" on the tape and now have a
> media database that has the contents of the tape, but has forgotten what
> the barcode of the tape is (here barcode should be thought of as the human
> readable label on the outside of the tape).  Sadly, the barcode is
> different from the internal volume label.

But it has *a* barcode?  Is the current barcode readable by the jukebox
it's in?  If so, doing an inventory on the slot should sync them up.

I'm not aware of a command that will let you hand-enter the barcode, I
just do it through nsrjb inventory.

If the current barcode isn't readable, then I'm not sure what you're
asking to do.

--
Darren