Networker

[Networker] connection failure

2008-12-08 14:27:33
Subject: [Networker] connection failure
From: dlt49151 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 14:19:21 -0500
I read similar in a different website (
http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1170654&page=58 ), there are two
things to look at, retries and parallelism, and perhaps priority of the client;
the other site's solution sounds like it would solve your problem as you said
that when it is run alone it succeeds, when running with many other saves it
could fail as it is probably hitting the parallelism limit which it cannot
surpass, if you reduce the amount of parallelism your save wants (say from 5 to
3) see where that puts it, if better, ballancing other saves in same fashon may
be helpful. Of course if the system goes down, the backup should also, unless
the machine continues to work after it has no power.