Networker

[Networker] Backing up SharePoint

2008-12-09 06:31:17
Subject: [Networker] Backing up SharePoint
From: Bob Payne <bob_payne AT FWUK.FWC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:26:40 -0500
We are about to embark on a big SharePoint project. Our consultants are
pushing us towards DocAve to back it up.
We have been a Networker site for years, currently backing up 8TB a night
with 240-odd clients (Networker server on 7.3.3,Solaris).
I'm aware of Networker Module for Microsoft Applications and its ability
to "do" SharePoint.
Anyway, my question is what is anyone's experience of NMM? Does it work?
Is it any good? Would you recommend it (for SharePoint)?
TIA
Bob