Networker

Re: [Networker] savegrp -O

2008-06-12 01:25:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegrp -O
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:49:43 -0400
"Bruce Breidall" <Bruce.Breidall AT concur DOT com> wrote on 06/11/2008
06:23:31
PM:

> Sorry, no offense taken (maybe a little bit). I put a lot of work in
> what I have in place now, and your comment/question might have caught me
> the wrong way.
>
> I apologize as well.

Most kind.

> It sounds like neither one of us is sure about knowing if we are doing
> things optimally. That certainly does not imply anything good about the
> product, tools, support, and documentation we have to work with to make
> those decisions, does it?

Not a whole lot, but I've seen the same with other products, so
unfortunately it's not unique.

> I am not exactly certain with what you mean by a backup clone job. I
> thought I was doing that, but in a more manual form as opposed to all
> gui driven.

My NetWorker server is down, at the moment, while a tape library is being
repaired. But I have jobs that save to disk (disk space on my SAN), and
from there clone onto tape. This is all done in the job configurations,
and it all Just Happens. There is no need for me to manually clone data
from saved disk to tape; NetWorker does it all.