Networker

Re: [Networker] savegrp -O

2008-06-11 17:58:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegrp -O
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:52:27 -0400
Bruce Breidall" <Bruce.Breidall AT concur DOT com> wrote on 06/11/2008 05:35:24
PM:

> Because I am cloning by group,

Me. as well.

> and we have a very limited number of
> drives to work with so I have to carefully pick the cloning window. The
> script does several things besides cloning.

I (now) have 4 drives dedicated to be cloning drives, with 4 others for
non-clones. Previously, I had only 4 drives, and the clones and non-clones
shared the same 4 drives.

> Plus, have you ever tried getting input from EMC on the subject of DR
> and putting together a DR strategy with cloning? I put together
> something that I understand and can support. I asked for help and they
> offered it at $240/hr, which I'm sure I would have redone anyways, just
> like everything else.

I have not, no.

> Plus, with controllable scripts you can generate the auditing
> information you need much easier by creating your own logs.
>
> I chose to do it this way, getting help and ideas from my peers.
>
> Isn't the end result the same?

You seem to have taken offense at my question. I meant it merely as
information, since I do otherwise. If there is a better way, that might be
easily adaptable to my location, it would be a help to me to find out.

Sorry if it seemed otherwise.