Networker

Re: [Networker] How to query for whether a volume is mounted?

2008-05-06 13:28:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to query for whether a volume is mounted?
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 18:25:18 +0100
MIchael Leone wrote:
Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PeeVRo.co DOT uk> wrote on 05/06/2008 12:24:37 PM:

On Windows, you define the cluster resource (i.e., the disk drive, which is on my SAN), and then assign it to a virtual server. This virtual server is then "owned" by a specific physical node. And only the "owner" of the resource sees it.

So if "SAN2" has a resource of drive X:, and it's hosted on ADMNSAN002, then node only ADMNSAN002 sees it.

Is it not possible to define the device as "rd=SAN2://X:" ?

So, when the virtual server moves from one to the other, I have to manually dismount the NetWorker defined volume for the node, and then mount the other NetWorker defined volume, for the other node.

What happens if the cluster fails over in the night? Do you get paged out or do your backups just fail?