Networker

Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?

2008-02-11 19:43:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 02:38:30 +0200
> Matthew Huff wrote:
> > Also, if you want to use Window ASR for restores, then you have to be
> > running a Windows networker server.
>
>    We have been running ASR recoveries for years with no apparent
> problem with a Solaris server. What doesn't work with ASR ?

Older windows ASR minikernels had major problems receiving
back to back IP packages.
A Windows Networker server couldn't provide these, but a Linux/UNIX
has/had an efficient enough IP-stack to do this. Thus  ASR would fail
when using a UNIX/Linux Networker server.

This was "ages" ago though. I imagine that the ASR minikernel has
been fixed many times since that.

Best
Dag