Networker

Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?

2008-02-11 16:51:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] best platform for newest networker?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:49:04 +0200
Sid Shapiro wrote:
Hello,
I'm about to upgrade to the latest networker and I need to upgrade my hardware as well, so - what better time to ask : What's the best platform on which to run networker server these days. Clients are HP-UX Solaris, AIX, Linux, windows - with oracle, lotus notes, exchange, sql-server.

Define "best" anyway you like - best performance, best price-performance, etc., etc..

My vote goes to Solaris 10/Sparc on a T5x20 platform (just to be on the safe side, I just ordered a 6-core T1000 with a dual 4Gb Emulex HBA). Stability. Better hardware support (Leadville's FC configuration is trivial). Performance (built in 10Ge ports).

  With x86 the choise of OS is not great.

I usually like to go with the primary development platform, but I don't know what that is for networker these days. Do you?

Thanks,
/ Sid /

-- Yaron.