Networker

Re: [Networker] When is an update enabler required ?

2007-10-11 09:32:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] When is an update enabler required ?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 09:25:37 -0400
> On Oct 11, 2007, at 7:11 AM, Goslin, Paul wrote:
>
> > Thanks Stan,
> > We're running on a Dell 6650 quad processor server with 4 GB of
> > memory,
> > MS-Win2003, connected via fiber to a DELL PV136T Lib (60 slot) w/ 3
> > LTO2
> > Drives (all specified by EMC). Approx 90 clients, 60% MS-Win, the
> > remaining 40% are various Unix
> > (HPUX,AIX,Solaris,RHLinux,OpenVMS,Unixware,DECUnix).
>
> You should be okay with 7.4, but read the archives for the Networker
> list at
> http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html and search for 7.4.

I'm on 7.4 (mostly); my server is 7.4, and I have a number of clients at
7.4 (others at 7.3). All Windows here. The GUI is much improved in the 7.4
server (in terms of speed, and updates; no need to click onto a different
tab, and then back, to make the devices screen (for example) refresh.
Outside of that highly annoying bug where the end of job emails contain no
information on the job being run (so no listing of an error, if it fails,
for example), we've have little to no problems with 7.4.