Networker

Re: [Networker] Double usergroups and notifications after reinstallation

2007-10-11 12:37:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Double usergroups and notifications after reinstallation
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:24:53 +0100
Coronel, David wrote:
Hi, I have a weird issue since upgrading our Solaris 8 Networker server
to Solaris 10. We did the upgrade by doing a fresh new installation of
Solaris 10 on the server and reinstalling the Networker packages,
followed by overwriting the /nsr directory with a ufsdump/ufsrestore of
the previous /nsr from the Solaris 8.

Since then things are working OK and backups have resumed but I noticed
some double entries in a few places. For example, now in User Groups, I
have two Administrators groups and two Users groups. I still have my
originals, but I have new ones that seem to contain default records
(such as user=root,host=qcmtlash).

I also noticed I have double entries in Server Notifications. Again, I
have my original notifications, but now I have default entries as well
(sending mail to root).

When we restored the ufsdump, I forgot to shutdown Networker first. I
aborted the ufsrestore and shutdown Networker and then restarted the
ufsrestore.

Anyone have any ideas?

I've seen the same thing - also on 7.2.1. The only way I have found to fix this involves locating the file that contains the unwanted resource within the nsrdb directory tree and removing it manually, then restarting NetWorker to make this take effect. Messy and unsupported, but it does work.