Networker

[Networker] groups not completing although no client backups running!

2007-08-15 06:23:58
Subject: [Networker] groups not completing although no client backups running!
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:19:49 +0100
I have an issue that has been logged with EMC for some time but is not yet
resolved. We have a number of backup groups that do not complete and the status
of them is running even though all clients have either completed or failed.
Unless the backup group is stopped manually the following nights backup will
fail stating that the group is already running.

  This problem appears to happen when the group contains a client backup that
takes a long time to fail and the message contacting client is there. I can
take the client out of the group to see if the problem disappears but the
failing client is not always the same. The preferred choice would be that the
backup group would complete with either a failed or successful status.

  Does this happen to be a known bug. Server is Solaris 5.9 running networker
7.3.2 jumbo 11

  Thanks.