Networker

Re: [Networker] Client Save Set info from the client itself??

2007-05-29 17:26:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client Save Set info from the client itself??
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 21:20:30 +0000
Campbell, Heather wrote:
Is there a way to tell a clients Save Set backup info from the client it
self?? Our Legato backup environment is mostly out sourced to another
company so I do not have access to the Legato server. We are looking to
start to bring back in house and I am looking for what is getting backed up
each night with out having to go to 3rd party company to ask them. I don't
see much for log files to tell me what is getting backed up today is there
something to look at that would give me this type of info?? Windows 2000 and
Windows 2003 clients

Certainly. You can run mminfo commands from the client. For example

mminfo -s SERVER -a

will give you some information about every recoverable/browseable save set for every client.