Networker

Re: [Networker] SAVE.NLM causes abend

2006-02-14 05:12:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAVE.NLM causes abend
From: Andrew Horne <a.horne AT SHEFFIELD.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:09:50 +0000
Hi Allan,

This is a multiprocessor machine so it is a possibility but it didn't abend in BSDSOCK. I have tried this on a multiprocessor machine in our test environment and didn't get any errors. Not conclusive I know as the data set that is being backed up cannot be duplicated in testing.

Running with Legato pre-reqs plus back revved to TCP659j.

I tried back revving the SAVE.NLM on a test machine and some of the fixes we need are included in that module, I was hoping the fixes that affect us would be in another module and I could remove the cause of the abend.

I have tried this both with and without the latest version of LIBC from Novell. The latest LIBC appears to re-introduce the problem of volumes being backed up more than once, I think that this was one of the things fixed by back-revving to TCP659j.

I'll back-rev LIBC and see if I get any joy from support.

Regards

--

Andrew Horne
The University of Sheffield