Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo Staging & cloning from adv_file

2005-11-15 19:10:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo Staging & cloning from adv_file
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:01:27 +1100
Currently I specify the .RO volume in the query, so I run one cloning
process for each adv_file device as I have enough tape drives to do
that.

Perhaps you don't want to do that, eg you want to clone sets in client
order, or you only have one drive to clone to. To do it this way I have
in the past set the Location on the volumes to something different like
'Readonly' for the .RO volumes and 'ReadWrite' for the real volumes -
then the mminfo query can have location=Readonly in it...

Querying for copies=2 is the right thing to do, but note well that an
aborted clone can result in ssid's with copies=3 - you need to check for
and delete aborted tape clones regularly so the cloning query will retry
those sets.