Networker

Re: [Networker] identifying storage nodes and their clients.

2005-07-13 09:06:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] identifying storage nodes and their clients.
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:02:56 +0100
Brian Greenberg wrote:
> Does anyone have a shell script that would generate a report of all the
> storage nodes on an nsr server and all the clients for that storagenode that
> I could easily import into excel?  I'm having a heck of a time trying to
> derive the syntax for nsradmin.  Any help or pointers to resources that would
> help me with nsradmin shell scripting would also be appreciated.
>
> I'm trying to generate a report that would give me something like this:
>
> NSR Server   StorageNode    Client(s)
> server1      sn1            client1   client2   client3   client4
>              sn2            client5   client6   client7   client8

Here's a pretty simple no frills script to do this. It's flawed slightly
because the client-storage node relationship is many to many, and this
scripts works on the assumption that you will only have one storage node
defined for each client. It could be improved a lot, but since you
really only wanted to see how the nsradmin commands work it should be
sufficient.

#!/bin/ksh
# showclientsbynode
SERVER=${1:-$(uname -n)}
echo "
        show name; storage nodes
        print type: NSR client
        " | nsradmin -s $SERVER -i - \
| sed 's/;//' | while read LINE; do
        ATT=$(echo $LINE | cut -d: -f1 | sed 's/^ //')
        VAL=$(echo $LINE | cut -d: -f2 | sed 's/^ //')
        if [ "$ATT" = "name" ]; then
                NAME=$VAL
        elif [ "$ATT" = "storage nodes" ]; then
                SNODE=$(echo $VAL | sed 's/,/ /g')