Networker

Re: [Networker] identifying storage nodes and their clients.

2005-07-12 12:56:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] identifying storage nodes and their clients.
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:54:13 -0700
> Does anyone have a shell script that would generate a report of all the
> storage nodes on an nsr server and all the clients for that storagenode that
> I could easily import into excel?  I'm having a heck of a time trying to
> derive the syntax for nsradmin.  Any help or pointers to resources that would
> help me with nsradmin shell scripting would also be appreciated.

Nsradmin is pretty simple once you figure out what you want to see and
where the data is stored.

For instance, the client mapping to storage nodes appears to be in the
client resource.  So we'd need to look at every client and parse the
data.

Something like...

% nsradmin
nsradmin> show name;storage node      # limits the data returned
nsradmin> print type:nsr client       # what data to query

That will give you a list with every client and its storage node (if
configured).  You could then massage that data with a script to generate
your report (I'd use perl...)

Does that give you enough of a start?