Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker HELP - Appropriate Discussion Topics?

2005-05-19 17:55:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker HELP - Appropriate Discussion Topics?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:54:30 -0700

#1 What's your main server OS (windows, unix)?

#2 In the main GUI, open up the notifications menu and find the
   savegroup completion report.  It's often set up for email to an
   administrator.  If it's set up to mail to someone else, replace or
   add in your email so that you can get a copy of all the completion
   reports.  That will have all the individual failure notices.
   (They'll also be in the log files, and until the next time the group
   runs they'll be in the group 'completion' field).

Once you get those, you'll have some inidividual items to poke at..

> When I search the index for terms I am familiar with "Backup Logs",
> "error reports", "Backup Reports", "Archive Logs/Data/Reports" I get
> nothing!

'archive' is a specific term in Networker that's not related to
backups.  So looking for it isn't going to help you much.

'logs' should be good.  You probably said which version of Networker
you're using, but I don't recall which.  They're generally under
/nsr/logs on UNIX.