Networker

[Networker] Networker HELP - Appropriate Discussion Topics?

2005-05-19 16:09:33
Subject: [Networker] Networker HELP - Appropriate Discussion Topics?
From: Albert Eddie <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:09:40 -0400
It has been brought to my attention that I may have sent my request to
the wrong LISTserv. My apologies, I belong to a number of technical
listservs and on those lists we are allowed to request assistance.

When I read the list description:

NETWORKER <https://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html>
Legato NetWorker discussion (1,970 subscribers)

I was A. impressed with the # of subscribers and B. hoping for
assistance with our new tool (Legato Networker)... That is what I
thought the technical lists were for.

YES, I am reading the manual, but under the title "Horse before the
cart" the thing was installed without my supervision while I was
unavailable and now I am being required to manage/take care of
it....forever more.

I am arranging for training now, but until then I still need the thing
to work properly.

They have had a Legato Contractor come out install/setup the
hardware/software and left no notes other than the electronic docs on
the CD.

Having some 10 years experience in Networking I most certainly
appreciate those who RTFM before asking a question but in this instance
I did not have time. /SIGH

Hoping I have not ruffled too many feathers.

Semper Fidelis, /ALE