Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 disaster recovery - how to? SOLVED, but where is Wordpad?

2003-09-11 10:11:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 2000 disaster recovery - how to? SOLVED, but where is Wordpad?
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:58:02 +0200
Davina Treiber wrote:
To DR a machine you are supposed to use the same or identical hardware.
I'm sure you will find this recommendation in Legato's DR guide. I
wouldn't want to try it any other way.

OK, but this means that during the restore process not *every* file and
registry entry is restored to the target machine. And this makes me nervous
if my backup software does not back up everything *and* does not tell me
what it had missed.

And Networker definitely does *not* back up the whole machine, I can
prove
that. For whatever reason wordpad.exe is missing after the succesful
restore

Perhaps wordpad was open when the machine was backed up? Anyway, these
days you can get a free version of vi(m) for Windows :-)

I know, but you should tell that to those people who provide their READMEs
as Word documents. Sometimes you even need to have Office installed to read
them...

Olaf "I don't like Windows, but I'm the admin" Zaplinski