Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving NetWorker from SUN to HP

2002-08-27 06:48:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving NetWorker from SUN to HP
From: Matthew Bourne <mbourne2001 AT LYCOS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:50:57 -0400
Thierry,

I was involved in an ongoing dispute with our support company for about 5
months, the net result of which was a definitive answer from Legato which
categorically stated that migration of the NetWorker server from Solaris to
HPUX was not supported.

The procedure that I posted earlier did everything that the support company
told me it would.  They has warned that neither the media database nor the
client indexes would be readable by the HP NetWorker server, and this did
indeed turn out to be true.

If you have carried out a successful migration from Solaris to HPUX I would
be extremely interested in looking at the procedure you followed, because I
would then have some serious questions for the support company.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Matthew