Networker

Re: [Networker] Moving NetWorker from SUN to HP

2002-08-23 15:09:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Moving NetWorker from SUN to HP
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:11:55 +0200
Matthew,

If you lost index and media db, it's because :
1) the media database has been restored under /var/nsr/mm. Move it back
/nsr/mm or to any other location being sure it's accessible from /nsr/mm

2) you should run "nsrck -l 7" to recover indexes from last tape.

HTH,

Thierry

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

Storage & Server Integration Practice
Tru64 Unix and Legato EBS Consultant

                             HEWLETT - PACKARD
                             Compaq Computers, a member of the new HP
 *********       *********   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 *******    h      *******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******    h        ******
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****   Hewlett-Packard Belgium
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *******    p      *******
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85 ***
CHANGED ***
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email :    thierry.faidherbe AT hp DOT com
                             Internet : http://www.hp.com/

_____

MOBISTAR SA/NV

SYSTEM Team Charleroi, Mermoz 2 Phone : +32 (0)2  / 745.75.81
Avenue Jean Mermoz, 32          Fax :   +32 (0)2  / 745.89.56
6041 GOSSELIES                  Email : tfhaidhe AT mail.mobistar DOT be
BELGIUM                         Web :   http://www.mobistar.be/
_____