Networker

Re: [Networker] Premature cartridges

2002-08-12 11:27:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] Premature cartridges
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:33:10 +0200
First, but obvious; is the RSM disabled? Then second and
probably Your case, do You get SCSI bus resets?  I'm not
sure how good win2k is in catching those (You might even
have to use SCSI analyzer), but that could be it.

Try following:
1. take a look at the log and see if You have any error
   message before volume gets full (if something with fn
   and rn use mt to verify it).
2. What happens if You relabel the media and try to write
   on it again?  Does is goes off at the same spot?
3. At what time does this happen?  Sounds stupid, but
   mostly this SCSI resets are done in FC environment
   when another win machine goes up/down (and they have
   some storage driver for standalone tape) and they
   mess up with Your SAN then (zone them to avoid it).

Btw, I guess You have SAN...  Other things to check is
driver version, firmware version (tape and library) and
if event log does mention anything at the time.

Cheers,
Hrvoje