ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] snapshotroot for scheduled backups

2012-08-08 09:43:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] snapshotroot for scheduled backups
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:29:55 -0400
On 08/07/2012 03:20 PM, Paul Zarnowski wrote:

It seems that the snapshotroot option would be perfect for doing
this, except for the fact that it only seems to work for 'selective'
or 'incremental' backups run from the command line.  I don't see a
way to do this for scheduled backups.

Paul, does this mean that when you put -snapshotroot in the 'Options'
argument to the client schedule, it doesn't work?

I notice in the docs that it seems pedantic about only permitting
snapshotroot when you're specifying one (and only one) filespace
target.  It may be that you can't leave the filespace implicit in
e.g. a DOMAIN statement, and you have to do something like

def sched [domain] [name] [ action=incr ]  OBJ=/nasfs
OPT='-snapshootroot=/nasfs/.snapshot/nightly.0'

- Allen S. Rout