ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] snapshotroot for scheduled backups

2012-08-08 12:58:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] snapshotroot for scheduled backups
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:51:11 -0400
"Support for vFiler volumes with be in the TSM 6.40 client. Note that this
support will require ONTAP version 8.1.1 or greater."

Wow, this is huge!  Is there a feature list posted for 6.4 somewhere?

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
08/08/2012 12:05 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] snapshotroot for scheduled backups

"Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I'm thinking that if I want to do
this, I'll probably abandon the TSM Scheduler in favor of home-grown
scripting.  But I may just wait to see if snapdiff gets supported on
vFilers, at which point this issue becomes moot for me."

Support for vFiler volumes with be in the TSM 6.40 client. Note that this
support will require ONTAP version 8.1.1 or greater.

Regards,

Pete Tanenhaus
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"