ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VTL's and D2D solutions

2012-07-03 10:24:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VTL's and D2D solutions
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 08:42:39 -0500
On Jul 3, 2012, at 2:02 AM, Chavdar Cholev wrote:

> I would say
> Data Domain  de-dupe ratio ==> 24:1
> or
> protecTier 7650G de-dupe ratio => 34:1

What application are you using to get a dedupe ratio of 24:1 on a DataDomain?

We've got about 25 DataDomains or DataDomain replication pairs set up;
admittedly, we erred on the side of not overloading the front ends. Of those 25
pairs, the only one whose dedupe ratio approaches 20:1 is the one that's that's
almost all DB2 full backups. Like many TDP clients, those aren't "incremental
forever," the dedupe ratio looks better.

For TSM hetergeneous environments, we're seeing ~8:1 on average. 6:1 for
planning purposes, 9:1 when we're feeling generous toward our account team.

Nick