ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Poll: What Windows client features do you install by default

2011-08-24 12:23:41
Subject: [ADSM-L] Ang: Re: [ADSM-L] Ang: [ADSM-L] Poll: What Windows client features do you install by default
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:51:42 +0200
What I ment was that I have not set the option to retain the journal database
when the service is stopped (reboot, restart of service or whatever the cause
is) since I consider that a much higher security risk than that the journal
wouldnt backup certain files. If you retain the database while the service is
stopped, chances are alot of files have been changed that the journal didnt
take notice of.

The option to retain the journal database is setting the tsmjbbd.ini. It's
default set to off, but in some rare cases, you might want to retain it so that
you dont have to redo a normal incremental backup.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman

Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB