ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Poll: What Windows client features do you install by default

2011-08-24 10:30:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Poll: What Windows client features do you install by default
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:27:06 -0400
I would like to get some idea of what features of the Windows client do you
install, by default, when doing a brand-new client install.

Folks here are just starting to realize the benefits of using the Journaling
feature (yeah, I know, it is not a new feature - I have been trying to get
folks to use it but until recently when more clients with millions of objects
have been complain about 12-hour elapsed times to backup 20K files, they are
now realizing the benefit).

So, do you automatically/by default install the:

A - Journaling
B - Open File Support
C - Both
D - Neither

Speaking of the journal, the docs say you should occasionally run a backup
without the journal, just to make sure nothing is missed.  How do you do this?

Zoltan Forray
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services
zforray AT vcu DOT edu - 804-828-4807
Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will never
use email to request that you reply with your password, social security number
or confidential personal information. For more details visit
http://infosecurity.vcu.edu/phishing.html