ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Poll: What Windows client features do you install by default

2011-08-24 10:59:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Poll: What Windows client features do you install by default
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:41:45 -0400
Hi Zoltan,

> Speaking of the journal, the docs say you should occasionally run a
> backup without the journal, just to make sure nothing is missed.
> How do you do this?

See the "-nojournal" option.

In general, I would also recommend using Open File Support with VSS as the
snapshot provider. For Windows 2003 systems, be sure that the COM+ and VSS
hotfixes listed as pre-requisites in the client requirements document are
installed. This document can be found by going to the URL in my sig and
looking at in the "Featured links" section of that page.

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2011-08-24
10:27:06: