ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP

2010-10-07 14:46:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:45:40 -0400
 On 10/7/2010 2:25 PM, Richard Sims wrote:
On Oct 7, 2010, at 2:01 PM, Timothy Hughes wrote:

Richard Thanks again for your assistance!  The restore completed
successfully.

The manual confused me with the information below. It say's place the
option in the dsm.opt file
Glad the restoral worked, but using the Nodename option to do it is hazardous,
in that it can result in the stored password for that client being changed.

In the context of an option description, the manual says what options file it should go
into.  But all options can be used on the command line, by putting a hyphen in front of
them, as described in the "Entering options with a command" preface to the
options section of the manual.  The Examples area for the Virtualnodename option
description shows an example of using it on the command line.

    Richard Sims
Richard thanks that's good to know!  I just went went to the ISC admin
(i know you don't use that) and typed in the password for the new name
of the server again (as I did when I registered the node) and did a
Force password reset. Then killed the dsmcad and started it again, Just
as a precaution anything else I could do to to make sure the password
wasn't changed? It should be ok? Remember the node hasn't backed up yet
under the new name yet since the upgraded Solaris OS.

Thanks
Tim