ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP

2010-10-06 18:55:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] RESTORE HELP
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:54:52 -0400
 Hi All,

one of the sun servers we backup was rebuilt  (the os was upgraded to
solaris 10) and the client was re-installed with a new name bolton01 to
boton0s10

F.y.I - the reason for the new name is because will eventually get rid
of backups using the old name

i want to restore restore the information from   "/opt/iplanet/iws61"
into /data/opt/iplanet/iws61"

However when I bring up the gui the name come up as boton0s10 (which is
the new name)  I understand that

So I am going to use the command line and the asnode command (unless
someone has a better easier way)?

would these be  the correct steps

Grant proxy ( using the name boton0s10 which by the way has not backed
up yet)

then do a asnode?

bolton01> restore  "/opt/iplanet/iws61"   "/data/opt/iplanet/ws61"

Thanks