ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options

2010-01-06 08:57:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 00:57:07 +1100
Richard Sims wrote, in part:
I'd rather that their energies went toward things like 64-bit clients, and
administrative API, and long-overdue evolution of the terribly neglected CLI.

   Richard Sims
On that topic has anyone successfully analysed the XML stream that the
ISC  uses to communicate with the Java admin API?  I did take a look at
it once, but there seems to be a huge amount of overhead for a small
command generating  reams of obtuse XML.  I realize that it is against
the licencing conditions to reverse enginer anything, but an
understanding of this api would allow us the flexibility to write our
own command interfaces in the languages of our choice.

Steven Harris
TSM Admin
Sydney Australia