ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Processing won't start

2009-11-24 08:45:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Processing won't start
From: Maura Adams <Maura.Adams AT BC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:44:36 -0500
I believe I may have the same problem.  It was a TS1120 to TS1130
upgrade.  Pools were appropriately renamed and created and a new
devclass created.  Maxscratch - plenty.  Bumped reclamation values all
around on onsite and offsite pools and still no reclamation.  Mount
points verified and available.  As I did all of this I was running
migration processes and copy process of offsite pool - but I still had
tape drives available to run reclamation

Before I left last night I activated reclamation commands for the middle
of the night when there were minimal to none admin processes (that use
tape drives) going on and it worked.  So it appears that my situation is
similar to yours and that reclamation works when no other processes are
running.

I find that strange ---- wondering if it is a bug.

Thanks for everyones help thus far -- much appreciated.

Maura

Hart, Charles A wrote:
Seen this to - adjust reclaim percent and # of processes (TSM 5.5.2) yet
no reclaim runs.  I did get it work and it seems the only way I get it
to work is make sure there are no other processes running against those
pools like a backup stgpool or migration (depending if you're reclaiming
primary or offsite vols. )

Also make sure your Maxscratch on your stgpool is set appropriately )ie
there's some left between maxscratch and maxscratch used)

Charles