ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM v5 to v6 database insert

2009-10-15 14:21:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM v5 to v6 database insert
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 07:19:10 +1300
Hi,

I've been working on upgrading a client's system from V5.5.2 to v6.1.2, on a
new server (Win2k3 x64, SP2), and have got to the point of running the insertdb
to get the database from the old machine's extract to the new machine.  The
insert ran for 7.5 hours and did 29GB of data, dismounted the tape, and is now
just sitting (and has been for 14 hours).  There's very little CPU activity but
DB2 is using heaps of RAM (9GB in a 12GB box) and there's disk activity on the
database directories.

Anyone know how long I should wait?  This is already too long for downtime for
the go live, I'm wondering if I need to consider alternative methods to migrate.

Xav Paice