ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Another approach to my problem...

2009-10-15 16:19:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] Another approach to my problem...
From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:18:46 -0700
All,

Thanks for your help on migration strategies. I think it's doable by
us (me, really) with only a few things to be ironed out.

However, I've also been asked to look at moving to a different
solution entirely.

Has anyone here been asked to do this? The new solution is yet to be
determined, though Ultrabac and Retrospect are high on my list.

My concern is that I don't want orphan the data I have on tape and
disk in TSM - including my archives and inactive data.

Any pointers to documentation on how I could get the data out of TSM
into another product?

Kurt