ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VSS Hotfix list for Windows 2008

2009-10-15 13:05:37
Subject: [ADSM-L] VSS Hotfix list for Windows 2008
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:04:31 -0400
Hi all,

We're running Windows 2008 to serve Exchange in a clustered environment.  Nodes
on the cluster have intermittently crashed during the TSM 5.5.2 client backup
run (or immediately after).  This run backs up the C: drive and system state.
I have suspicions that VSS is the culprit (and not necessarily TSM).  Does IBM
or MS have any comprehensive VSS hotfix list that should address some of these
issues?

I see this page for MS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940349
I see this page on IBM's site:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21242128&loc=en_US&lang=en

Problem is that these are only for Windows 2003.  I'm looking for something
similar but for Windows 2008.  Workarounds aren't really an option here since I
don't have admin rights to these machines, so a hotfix is really what I'm
looking for.

I have this list from my own research.  The first one seems to be indicative of
what we're seeing:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953531
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950267
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957522

Does anyone have any additional hotfixes that may apply here?  I appreciate
your help.

Thanks!

Sergio