ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] autodetect on TSM drive

2009-07-15 16:22:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] autodetect on TSM drive
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:20:27 -0400
Hello experts,

      We recently changed a drive and there is a new serial number. In the
past I  just entered the following and the new  serial number is updated.
For some reason, not sure why it keep saying autodetect is off. What do I
have to do to get autodetect on so that I can update the drive serial
number?

Update drive Libraryname Drive0 serial=autodetect
Update drive Libraryname Drive 0 serial=##########/autodetect

Error:
ANR8958E UPDATE DRIVE: Autodetect is OFF and the serial number reported by
the drive did not match the serial
number in the drive definition.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Thanks,