ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Auditbd help

2008-09-19 11:15:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Auditbd help
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:14:05 -0500
Morning all,
While trying to get rid of some old clients I ran into a number of DB
inconsistencies.
Looks as if a copy storage pool was removed without deleting the volumes
in it first.

In working with IBM we could not manually delete the entries. It was
recommended to run "dsmserv auditdb inventory fix=yes".
I was informed that this would take less than 30% of the time a full
blown audit would take. The DB is 136gb in size.

It has been running for 6 days and has processed just shy of 500 million
entries. The problem, my users are going crazy. They can't retrieve or
restore anything.
And I have no idea how far along I am.

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to calculate the total number of
entries in a TSM db ?
I have two other TSM instances that I could use to gauge DB size and
total entries.

The IBM support person is telling me the only way to do it is by
performing a dumpdb.

Thanks,
Duane