ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM - NDMP - NAS - Clarifications needed

2008-09-19 10:55:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM - NDMP - NAS - Clarifications needed
From: Muthukumar Kannaiyan <mkannaiyan AT WORLDBANK DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:54:22 -0400
Hi All,
      We are planning to implement Documentum in our environment. We will be
using either Celera or NetApp for contents. We are planning to use TSM along
with NDMP for content backup. Is anyone have the similar setup. I have following
questions.

1. How much data I can backup using NDMP per hour - Assume we have 4 dedicated
tape drives?
2. Can I snap the content and start the backup if I use NetApp appliance?
3. Can I do incremental backup using NDMP?
4. How can I perform file level restore using NDMP?

      Thanks in advance ...

Thanks & Regards
Muthu
202-458-8340 - Work