ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] inactivate TDP SQL transaction logs?

2008-09-04 07:51:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] inactivate TDP SQL transaction logs?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 07:50:25 -0400
Lisa,

For Data Protection for SQL, you do not need to schedule
an inactivate logs. "log" backups are stored as backups,
and are inactivated automatically on the next "full"
backup of the associated database. I encourage you to read the
"Backup overview", "Backup strategies", and
"Recommended Tivoli Storage Manager policy settings" sections
of the Data Protection for SQL Installation and User's Guide
for more details.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itsmfd.doc/dpsql.htm

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 08/28/2008
04:27:24 PM: