ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] inactivate TDP SQL transaction logs?

2008-09-05 11:21:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] inactivate TDP SQL transaction logs?
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 10:19:52 -0500
First, Unlimited is excessive for everything.  However, we have
Unlimited set for # of versions, but we only keep the backups for 30
days for our regular node, 5 years for our monthly node, and 10 years
for our quarterly nodes when it comes to SQL server.

The key settings for SQL Server are unlimited versions then limit the #
of Days, this way you can run regular log backups and actually recover.

See Ya'
Howard

Redbook.

> What they gave me:
>
> Created Policy Domain XXXXXXXX, Set up management class "Standard".
For

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp?topic=