ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expire Inventory.

2008-05-15 15:25:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expire Inventory.
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:24:31 -0500
Do you have a script that you can run to see how many reclaimable tapes
you have?
For the storage pools you show below run the following two:

select volume_name as ONSITE_VOLUME,est_capacity_mb as
CAPACITY,pct_utilized as UTILIZATION,pct_reclaim as RECLAIMABLE from
volumes where stgpool_name='HPONSITETAPEPOOL' and pct_reclaim>=60 order
by pct_reclaim desc

select volume_name as OFFSITE_VOLUME,est_capacity_mb as
CAPACITY,pct_utilized as UTILIZATION,pct_reclaim as RECLAIMABLE from
volumes where stgpool_name='HPOFFSITETAPEPOOL' and pct_reclaim>=60 order
by pct_reclaim desc

If you have an excessive number of tapes in an offsite pool you may want
to manually run the reclaim stg command with the option to limit the
number of volumes so that it actually completes.  Also check your reuse
delay setting on both tape storage pools.  You may have a lot of volumes
in "pending" status.

See Ya'
Howard

REM_VOLS:VOLNAME=*;WHERESTATE=MOUNTABLE;TOSTATE=Courier;APPEND=NO;REMOV