ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expire Inventory.

2008-05-15 15:39:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expire Inventory.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:38:12 -0400
On May 15, 2008, at 3:10 PM, David Hensley wrote:

I am running TSM server 5.5 on a Windows 2003 server. I want any data
residing in my copy pools (Onsite and Offsite) over 42 days old to
expire.
The volumes that expire their data should show up as EMPTY. Below is
a copy
of a script that runs on the server daily. I am still not receiving
any
EMPTY. Tapes. Can anyone help me?

It is unlikely that tapes will go empty on their own, due to the
persistence of Active files representing unchanging files on clients.
You should principally experience tapes returning to Scratch by virtue
of reclamation, rather than retention policies.  Note also that you
impose a time limit on expirations, which could result in a growing
backlog of expired data, depending upon your system size.

  Richard Sims