ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Where can I find the downloadable TSM 5.5 documentation?

2008-01-16 07:35:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Where can I find the downloadable TSM 5.5 documentation?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:33:12 -0500
On Jan 16, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Roger Deschner wrote:

.
It's all at the usual location,
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/index.jsp

What I want to know is where can I buy a paper copy? I don't have the
patience to print them, and I really want a printed copy of the v5.5
"Administrator's Guide".

Roger -

IBM doesn't offer purchasable paper copies of the more common manuals.
If you go to the IBM Publications Center,
 http://www.elink.ibmlink.ibm.com/publications/servlet/pbi.wss?CTY=US
and there choose "Search for publications"
and search on  "tivoli storage manager" "administrator's guide"
you'll see that the Order column is devoid of checkboxes for most of
them, in that grabbing PDFs and using those as a reference is so easy
that it's not economically worthwhile to go through printing.

The advantages of PDF - quick publication, electronic storage, rapid
content searching, bookmarking, environmental savings, etc. - render
printed versions largely obsolete.  For DR purposes, a tailored set
of manuals could readily be copied to a CD-R, if a site did not want
to depend upon accessibility of the IBM site in a disaster.

  Richard Sims