ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v5.5 feedback: problems? plusses?

2008-01-16 08:55:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM v5.5 feedback: problems? plusses?
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 08:54:22 -0500
Any hints as to when the first maintenance level will appear?

Thanks

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of

Just wanted to know if anyone's made the jump. We just got in a new

server

and will be moving from v5.3.1.2 to either 5.4 or 5.5. Just wanted to

know

what your thoughts were on migrating?

The upgrades from 5.3.X upward should go smoothly. Follow the
instructions in the relevant TSM server installation guide.

The first maintenance level for TSM server 5.5 has yet to appear, and I
NEVER install base code of anything in a production environment. 80% of
bugs are in base code.

In a similar vein, I NEVER install a patch level of TSM in a production
environment unless I'm trying to fix a specific problem associated with
that patch. Patches are not nearly as thoroughly tested as maintenance
levels.

In other words, you should be installing 5.4.2.0 on your TSM server. TSM
server 5.3.X.X goes out of support on 30 April 2008.

Use and abuse.

--
Mark Stapleton
CDW Berbee